Dear St. Patrick Families:
Thank you to all families who participated in the annual magazine and cookie fundraiser and to Heather Nolte and her dedicated, hard-working cadre.
News This Week
- The registration deadline for the St. Patrick 1 Mile/5K Family Fun Run is Fri., Sept. 22 to guarantee a T-shirt. Online registration closes Mon., Oct. 2. New this year: Participants have the option to run or walk the 5K or 1 mile course.
- Our monthly Jeans for Jhon collection is this Fri., Sept. 22. For a $1 donation, students may wear spirit shirts (St. Pat School or Aquinas logos) and jeans. Funds raised benefit Jhon Franco Guerra Jacobino, our sponsored child in Casa Hogar, Lima, Peru. As always, participation is optional.
- Our next All-School Mass will be Tues., Sept. 26 at 8:05 a.m. Students from Mrs. Haag’s class will have the coveted role of assisting Msgr. Steve in our celebration.
- Next Friday, Sept. 29 is a Diocesan in-service and a day off from school for students.
- Our annual Family Fun Run is Sat., Oct. 7. Races begin at 9:00 a.m. Register for a T-shirt by September 22. Online registration deadline is Oct. 2. Please see the website, https://stpatsfamilyfunrun.racedirector.com/race-information/map, for details and to register.
- We have two courses this year, the one-mile, which runs right past my house, and the 5K, which coincidentally runs right past my house. The race originally was a competitive 5K, and the past couple years we tried to make it more young-child- and family-friendly with the 1-mile course. Please choose which race you’d like to enter and if you’d like to run or walk the route.
- In conjunction with the run, we have sponsored drives for specific charities. This year we are collecting new or gently used winter clothing.
- Proceeds from the race will benefit our new secure key card entry system, STEM robots, and new Chromebooks and iPads.
- Don’t forget the Aquinas Foundation Pork-Q on Friday, Oct. 6 from 10:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Meals include a pulled pork sandwich, coleslaw, and baked beans. Tickets are $9 and are available for purchase in the office. (Pork-Q Flyer.pdf)
- Please mark your calendar for the annual Mardi Gras Halloween Party, which will be held Thursday, October 26 at the St. Pat School gym and cafeteria.
- Thank you to all families who returned their Safe Environment training packets. Now, you’re free to volunteer!
Coming Home This Week
Blessings on your day!