Dear St. Patrick Families:
We continue to see high absences. We have confirmed cases of strep throat, influenza, and scarlet fever as well as general respiratory and gastrointestinal ailments both with and without fevers. We sincerely appreciate your letting us know which symptoms your children are suffering when you notify us they are absent, as it helps us and the La Crosse County Health Department identify and track illnesses in the county. Also, please be aware that students will have time to make up any coursework they miss as a result of illness. If they are ill for one day, they will have one day after they return to school to make up their work, two days will give them two days after they return to school, etc. While we admire that our kiddos are conscientious about getting their homework caught up, we do want them to take the time they need to heal and not to worry about coursework.
- We will be holding our annual Geography Bee this Friday, Jan. 19 at 10:00 a.m. in the gym. Families are welcome to spectate; just remember we need all visitors to sign in at the office.
- The Taste of Onalaska is Saturday, Jan. 20 from 5:00 to 11:00 p.m. This fundraiser benefits the Onalaska Education Foundation, which supports St. Pat’s through the Claude Deck Grants several of our teachers have received. Tickets are $30.00 per person and are available for purchase in the school office. Mrs. Koblitz is one of the featured dealers for the casino night.
- There is no school Monday, Jan. 22. It is a teacher in-service day.
- Our next All-School Mass will be Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 8:05 with Fr. Robertson from St. Leo Parish and assistance from Mrs. Haskin’s class.
- The annual Bible Bowl is next Wednesday, Jan. 24 at 1:30 p.m. in the gym. Teams of students will compete against each other to move to the next round and take on other Catholic schools during Catholic Schools Week.
- The annual Mardi Gras Ball will be Saturday, Feb. 3 from 4:30 to midnight at the AmericInn Hotel on Rose Street. There are plenty of school families and staff who attend, and there is always room for more.
- Tickets for the ball are $60.00 per person, but packages including other Mardi Gras events are also available. The deadline for ordering tickets is Sat., Jan. 20. You can find details on their website: http://www.lacrossemardigras.com/event-schedule/.
- As you may remember from the October newsletters, the mission of Coulee Region Mardi Gras is to support Aquinas Catholic Schools through tuition assistance and technology development.
Coming Home This Week
Blessings on your day,